Does the New Year Mean a New Job for You?
A lot of people leave positions for more meaningful jobs and promotions in the New Year. For some, a job change is the goal but for others, the unanswered question is – what career is right for me?
Six Key Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Next Career Move
Before sending a ton of resumes to a ton of positions that may not be right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Why did you get into your current field?
- What is it that you do not like about your present job?
- What do you think you would like to do in the future? Are you qualified?
- If the answer to #3 is “no” – is there a path to becoming qualified?
- Have you researched your goal-industry and successful professionals to know the requirements?
- Does the goal-industry provide the aspirational qualities which you currently lack?
Formulate a Job Search Strategy & Career Mapping Plan
Keep in mind that a job search is much more than sending out resumes and waiting for a reply. Formulate a job search strategy and a career mapping plan to be an active participant in your future!